Monday, July 11, 2011

Win for Renewable Energy

Fantastic turn out at the Armidale Town Hall last month for the Renewable Energy Forum.




Unanimous Support: I was asked by the facilitator to comment on 'what side of the room I stood on?' in relation to the support for investment into renewable energy. I took a position on the side of the room for 'strongest support', expressing that 'It is so critical now that I would be against the wall if I could fit!'.



The Forum bought together scientists, landholders, local renewable energy companies, members of the wider community and best of all, a local MP who listened!

As a key decision maker on the Climate Change Committee, Tony Windsor MP was certainly impressed with the level of action at a community level.

Now finally the announcement from government which will hopefully bring the mechanism required to fund and support Renewable Energy in Australia.


Detailed story courtesy of Sustainable Living Armidale:
http://slaati.org/?p=2600

For more information, contact Jarra or Hadley on: newengland100percent@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment