Good reading:
'Japanese Wood-fired Ceramics' by Marc Lancet
'Fantastic Art' by Walter Schurian
Both titles available from www.boomerangbooks.com
or on lend from me when I am home :)
Above - the Fred Olsen kiln in action at Guldagergaard, Denmark!
or on lend from me when I am home :)
Above - the Fred Olsen kiln in action at Guldagergaard, Denmark!Good viewing: Ron Mueck DVD - I saw this 25 minute production, based on sculptor Ron Mueck - who was exhibiting in Denmark and in Aberdeen (UK) when I was there. Inspiring account of his processes, techniques and materials. Available from www.nationalgallery.co.uk
Good Googling: http://www.archiebray.org/ A place I may consider in the future(recommended by an Irish artist I met, Michael Moore, who has done a residency at the Archie Bray).
Good Googling: http://www.archiebray.org/ A place I may consider in the future(recommended by an Irish artist I met, Michael Moore, who has done a residency at the Archie Bray).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodfirer/collections/
The Collection of images from Priscilla Mouritzen, the Chair of the Board for the International Ceramic Research Center. Amongst a display of Priscilla's own wood-fired work, this site includes images from the woodfiring throughout summer here in Denmark.
The Collection of images from Priscilla Mouritzen, the Chair of the Board for the International Ceramic Research Center. Amongst a display of Priscilla's own wood-fired work, this site includes images from the woodfiring throughout summer here in Denmark.

No comments:
Post a Comment